Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday 2:30

It has been confirmed that Jon has some bacterial growth in his blood, staph aureus. He will need IV antibiotics for awhile, and will need to get his port out and a PICC placed. We are still waiting for the infectious disease doc to see us with a plan. Thank you for all the hard work for "Jon's Wish". I apologize if I haven't gotten back to you. It is a bit overwhelming right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon,

Paul and Lila and Family are thinking of you and your family. Just let us know what we can do to help!

You are my Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura-

My name is Amanda Truax, I am a classmate of Jon's from Hastings high school. I have not seen Jon in a really long time but was informed by Kari C. about your family blog. I saw that Jon has a wish to visit Disney World. Well I used to skate professionally for Disney and still have contacts who work for the company.
I spoke to my friend Melanie who works at Disney World in Florida today and she said she wants to help grant Jon his wish by offering him free passes to a Disney park in Florida.
Please let me know if this is something you want me to pursue further for you.
I am happy to do this for you, Jon and your kids.
Please give me a call or e-mail
Riverbladesskatingschool@yahoo.com
or call
763-232-5195

Thinking of you,
Amanda Truax