Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday 6:30am

Good morning. I just spoke to Jon's nurse. She said he rested on and off last night, by taking the same oral pain meds he had at home. Last night when I left he was soooooo uncomfortable. His abd is starting to get distended. It is hard for him to get comfortable. He is going to have his central line port out at 8am today. He was hesitant at first because he says it is part of him. He has had the same port since the beginning of his diagnosis. With the bacteria in his blood we need to take it out. Another line will be placed once he has a negative blood culture for 3 days. We need some prayers that he can find comfort and get this pain under control. Once again, thank you for all the support. I have sooooooo many calls and text messages, and it is hard to respond to all of them. If you would like to drop something at the house the best way to arrange it would be by texting my cell phone. It is hard to keep track of phone numbers at times. It was been an adventure trying to get all the correct documentation to the bank to set up Jon's "wish fund". I am going to have it finalized this afternoon.

2 comments:

RR said...

Laura, I've been thinking a lot about you guys. I really hope that Jon can find some comfort soon and get this infection kicked. - Robin

Anonymous said...

I graduated with Jon and recently heard of his illness he will be in my prayers every day.

Melissa