Sunday, May 15, 2011
Sunday 11:45pm
Jon continues to have issues breathing. He gets short of breath VERY easily. He continues to try and get out and about, slow he goes...but he goes. It is getting harder for me everyday to see him like this. He hasn't carried Campbell around for 3 months which is hard enough, now he doesn't have the energy to even play at times. Tonight she was asking him over and over, "Daddy you come downstairs and play with me"? He was sitting in the chair exhausted, he told her "Campbell, Daddy is too tired". She started crying and I tried to explain to her that "Daddy has owies and I would go play with her". She cried a bit and it broke my heart. For the first 24m of her life Jon never missed a beat,. He has been the best father a child could have. He has enjoyed every moment and has exposed her to more life experiences than some kids will have in a lifetime. He doesn't say much these days, but continues to enjoy life to the fullest. If it is nice out, he will be out on the front porch chairs taking in the fresh air. He tells me everyday, "I love you so much". That is all I need to get through the day. I can not put into words all the thoughts and feelings I have throughout the day, which have become more overwhelming. I try to focus on all the positives, and most of all that Jon is here. The colon cancer walk is this coming Sunday. If at all possible I hope that you will come by to support Jon. Even if you don't register, still come by, find us and say hi. We are hoping to push Jon during the walk. Your physical support that day would mean the world to me, 'cause it would mean the world to Jon to see how much he is cared for. Unfortunatly, the crowd isn't too overwhelming so it is easy to get in and out of the area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Laura where is the taking place and at what time? I would love to come out and support Jon.
You are both an inspiration of strength and determination.
Kelly, Eric and Finn
Post a Comment