Jon passed away at home today at 10:30. He is at peace now. I will post details of arrangements soon. The wake will be Monday the 23rd in the evening and funeral Tuesday am. We will all be walking on Sunday. Come join me and celebrate Jon.
40 comments:
Annie Schmitz
said...
My heart is breaking for you...but I am thankful that Jon is no longer suffering from this horrible disease. You now have 3 beautiful angels watching over you.
Laura, I am so sorry to hear about Jon. I admire both your strength and your tenderness. I am loving my own family more fiercely now because of your experience. Hoping you find some solace... Molly O'Connell
Laura what can I do to help you? Please reach out and let me know! I feel so helpless and want to help in any way possible!!! Love and hugs to all of you!!!
Laura, Although Jon is now at peace & no longer suffering, he will leave a large void in many lives. We were blessed to have known him. We will continue to hold you & your families up in prayer in the coming days. You know we're here for you if you need anything! With our deepest sympathy ~ Sara, Kenny & kids
Laura, Jon was a good man and will be missed by all. He was a great example of love and he loved you guys very much. Jeanette and I will pray for you as you and your family walk through this. We'll look for details of upcoming events. Glen and Jeanette
I've been following your messages and now reflect on how you all made the very most of the time that was left...disney memories...walks in the mall...movies...quiet moments on the porch...tender words shared and the blessing of waking in the night to be with Jon..comfort him. You've inspired me in sharing these moments and this journey - reminded me and so many others what is truly important in this world - in our lives - to not take anything for granted. Jon is at peace...sending you a great Big Hug! Jennifer Stephens ~ Friend of Nickey Simon and your friend across the pond
We are so sorry to hear about Jon! We will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Laura, your posts have been so touching. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and memories.
We will be there on Sunday to support Jon and all of you as well!
Jon was REALLY an incredible man with a bigger will to live and a stronger faith than anyone I have met. Such an inspiration...even when things were bad, he was good...amazing. We feel blessed to have known him.
Laura, All of the Stichas have you deep in prayer and thought. What a beautiful family you have created. You are and always been a very strong person. We wish you, Blake and Campbell much love and peace. Leonard, Coonie,Linda, Tom, Cheryl and Families
We are very sorry to hear of Jon's passing. In the short time that we knew him, he made a profound impression on our family as one of the nicest people we had ever met. The love he had for his family was very evident as you all passed by our house during family walks. He will certainly be missed. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry to hear that Jon lost his battle this morning. He put up a heck of a courageous fight! I met Jon thru Kari H and we played softball together years ago. I walked in his honor previously @ the Get your Rear in Gear walk...I now live in Kansas and will not be able to join you this weekend. However, I am walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay for life in 2 weeks and I have purchased a Luminary in his Memory. My thoughts and Prayers are with you.
Laura, I am so very sorry for your loss of a husband and friend. You and your family are in my prayers. May you always treasure the time you had together. Michelle (Halvorson) Deysach
heartfelt prayers go out to you as you suffer the loss of this amazingly strong,& courageous man. jon's contagious smile will forever be imprinted on our hearts! what an honor it was to know him. jonathan & kirsten nissly.
Jon was an amazing man - I am blessed to have known him. Your entire family is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your heart and your journey with us. May God bless you and give you peace during this very sad time.
We'll miss Jon. I enjoyed seeing him at the park with Campbell whenever the weather was nice. We always had something to talk about. I'm so sorry. Robin and Boyd Johnson
"HEROES DON’T LOSE THEIR FIGHT WITH CANCER – NOBODY LOSES A FIGHT WITH CANCER, THEY SIMPLY END IT! HE BATTLED CANCER AND HE KICKED ITS ASS ON A DAILY BASIS, HEAD ON – AND AT TIMES IN QUIET DIGNIFIED WAYS. CANCER NEVER TOOK HIS HEART, HIS COMPASSION OR HIS CARING – IT SIMPLY COULDN’T STEAL HIS IDENTITY, DIMINISH HIS KINDNESS OR OUR MEMORY OF HIM. NO! JON WON, JUST LIKE THE OTHERS WHO BATTLE TO THE END". Eloquently created by (Darren Sylvander) -borrowed to acknowledge Jon's victory in life
We are so sorry to hear that Jon has passed away. We were so inspired by Jon's incredible strength, courage and spirit in the face of serious illness. He flashed that beautiful smile every time we ran into him and we were filled with gratitude for having known him. Thank you for sharing your blog & the devotion, love & tenderness you all shared with each other. Blessings to all of you. . .
You were blessed with a relationship few ever achieve. You were both such wonderful gifts to each other. God (and Jon) have to be smiling down on you, Blake & Campbell.
Laura, God bless Jon. His pain and struggles are over now Amen, but yours are just now beginning. Please lean on Mary Jo and me and allow us to ease your burdens in any way that we can. ~Kevin and Mary
Our hearts go out to you at this difficult time. May you Blake, Campbell and your entire family also find peace. We are here for you if you need anything, anytime.
Laura - my wife Diane and I had the privilege of spending time with you, Jon and Campbell at a N.Y. Mets game. We immediately felt the love that you all shared. He was a strong man - an inpiration for us all.
Thank you, Laura, for sharing -- so eloquently -- Jon's journey. I will miss Jon's phone conversations about treatment options, scans and labs -- along with family updates. As another Stage IV colon cancer, I now share with others Jon's perseverance in his quest for good health and his joy of life. He will be missed, but never forgotten. And Heaven will never be the same, now that Jon is there! beverly hilger
I am very sorry to learn of this. We were all truly gifted to know a man like Jon and be able to attempt to follow his bright shining example of courage and strength. My family's thoughts and prayers are with your family as always.
I am so sorry to hear about Jon.I am sure the hurt is so deep that you can't think! I am here if you need anything! I remember when you told me Jon would get up early in the morning and go to mass. His faith was so strong. He is with Our Father in heaven. Jon is at Peace!
My thoughts and prayers are with your family, Laura. I can only hope that if I ever find myself in your shoes that I handle things the same way you have. You're incredible.
40 comments:
My heart is breaking for you...but I am thankful that Jon is no longer suffering from this horrible disease. You now have 3 beautiful angels watching over you.
Sending My Love,
Annie & Family
Laura, Blake, and Campbell,
Thinking of you guys today, and praying the Lord will comfort you. Jon will be missed.
Megan Murphy
Our hearts go out to you and your family. God Bless! Let us know if there is anything we can do, Laura. XO, Mary Beth, Doyle and Samuel
Laura- Renee and I are praying for you and your family. Jon will be missed. He had incredible strength.
Love Tom and Renee
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time.
Kari (Kes) Kasel
Laura, I am so sorry to hear about Jon. I admire both your strength and your tenderness. I am loving my own family more fiercely now because of your experience. Hoping you find some solace...
Molly O'Connell
Laura what can I do to help you? Please reach out and let me know! I feel so helpless and want to help in any way possible!!! Love and hugs to all of you!!!
Laura,
Although Jon is now at peace & no longer suffering, he will leave a large void in many lives. We were blessed to have known him. We will continue to hold you & your families up in prayer in the coming days. You know we're here for you if you need anything!
With our deepest sympathy ~
Sara, Kenny & kids
Laura,
Jon was a good man and will be missed by all. He was a great example of love and he loved you guys very much. Jeanette and I will pray for you as you and your family walk through this. We'll look for details of upcoming events.
Glen and Jeanette
I've been following your messages and now reflect on how you all made the very most of the time that was left...disney memories...walks in the mall...movies...quiet moments on the porch...tender words shared and the blessing of waking in the night to be with Jon..comfort him. You've inspired me in sharing these moments and this journey - reminded me and so many others what is truly important in this world - in our lives - to not take anything for granted. Jon is at peace...sending you a great Big Hug! Jennifer Stephens ~ Friend of Nickey Simon and your friend across the pond
We are so sorry to hear about Jon! We will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Laura, your posts have been so touching. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and memories.
We will be there on Sunday to support Jon and all of you as well!
God Bless You!
The Kohorst Family
Laura,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Our heartfelt prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.
Ryan Rauschke
Jon was REALLY an incredible man with a bigger will to live and a stronger faith than anyone I have met. Such an inspiration...even when things were bad, he was good...amazing. We feel blessed to have known him.
Brian and Lisa Tonn
Laura,
All of the Stichas have you deep in prayer and thought. What a beautiful family you have created. You are and always been a very strong person. We wish you, Blake and Campbell much love and peace.
Leonard, Coonie,Linda, Tom, Cheryl and Families
We are very sorry to hear of Jon's passing. In the short time that we knew
him, he made a profound impression on our family as one of the nicest
people we had ever met. The love he had for his family was very evident as
you all passed by our house during family walks. He will certainly be
missed. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Nate and Pam Judson
Laura, Blake and Campbell-
I am so sorry to hear that Jon lost his battle this morning. He put up a heck of a courageous fight!
I met Jon thru Kari H and we played softball together years ago. I walked in his honor previously @ the Get your Rear in Gear walk...I now live in Kansas and will not be able to join you this weekend. However, I am walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay for life in 2 weeks and I have purchased a Luminary in his Memory. My thoughts and Prayers are with you.
Jill Karolewski
Love you.
Laura,
I am so very sorry for your loss of a husband and friend. You and your family are in my prayers. May you always treasure the time you had together.
Michelle (Halvorson) Deysach
Our hearts are breaking today.
Your love and devotion has been incredible.
Love and peace to you and your family.
Love,
Joyce and the Heille's
Laura,
Sending all of our love.
What a special gift for you two to have each other.
Your support and love sustained him through some difficult times.
You were his angel, and now he is yours.
Barika and Tony
heartfelt prayers go out to you as you suffer the loss of this amazingly strong,& courageous man. jon's contagious smile will forever be imprinted on our hearts! what an honor it was to know him.
jonathan & kirsten nissly.
Laura,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at the heartbreaking time. At least he is no longer suffering. We are here if you need anything.
Amity, Dan, and Mady
Laura & Family,
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Tammy (Nelson) Davey
Laura, Blake and Campbell -
Sorry (Jade hit return early)-
Jon was an amazing man - I am blessed to have known him. Your entire family is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your heart and your journey with us. May God bless you and give you peace during this very sad time.
We'll miss Jon. I enjoyed seeing him at the park with Campbell whenever the weather was nice. We always had something to talk about. I'm so sorry.
Robin and Boyd Johnson
Laura, Blake and Campbell,
We have never seen a more devoted dad, or known a more positive and strong person, than Jon. He was truly a kind man and we will all miss him.
You are in our thoughts.
Tanya and Lang Laumbach
"HEROES DON’T LOSE THEIR FIGHT WITH CANCER – NOBODY LOSES A FIGHT WITH CANCER, THEY SIMPLY END IT! HE BATTLED CANCER AND HE KICKED ITS ASS ON A DAILY BASIS, HEAD ON – AND AT TIMES IN QUIET DIGNIFIED WAYS. CANCER NEVER TOOK HIS HEART, HIS COMPASSION OR HIS CARING – IT SIMPLY COULDN’T STEAL HIS IDENTITY, DIMINISH HIS KINDNESS OR OUR MEMORY OF HIM. NO! JON WON, JUST LIKE THE OTHERS WHO BATTLE TO THE END".
Eloquently created by (Darren Sylvander)
-borrowed to acknowledge Jon's victory in life
Laura, Blake & Campbell,
We are so sorry to hear that Jon has passed away. We were so inspired by Jon's incredible strength, courage and spirit in the face of serious illness. He flashed that beautiful smile every time we ran into him and we were filled with gratitude for having known him. Thank you for sharing your blog & the devotion, love & tenderness you all shared with each other. Blessings to all of you. . .
Joel & LInda Swaggert
Dear, sweet Laura,
You were blessed with a relationship few ever achieve. You were both such wonderful gifts to each other. God (and Jon) have to be smiling down on you, Blake & Campbell.
Laura,
I'm so sorry to hear of Jin's passing. He is in a good place now and is at peace. My prayers will continue for you and your family. Take care.
Jen Kale
Laura,
God bless Jon. His pain and struggles are over now Amen, but yours are just now beginning. Please lean on Mary Jo and me and allow us to ease your burdens in any way that we can. ~Kevin and Mary
Our hearts go out to you at this difficult time. May you Blake, Campbell and your entire family also find peace. We are here for you if you need anything, anytime.
The Kurila Family
Laura - my wife Diane and I had the privilege of spending time with you, Jon and Campbell at a N.Y. Mets game. We immediately felt the love that you all shared. He was a strong man - an inpiration for us all.
Tom & Diane Bongiorno
Thank you, Laura, for sharing -- so eloquently -- Jon's journey. I will miss Jon's phone conversations about treatment options, scans and labs -- along with family updates. As another Stage IV colon cancer, I now share with others Jon's perseverance in his quest for good health and his joy of life. He will be missed, but never forgotten. And Heaven will never be the same, now that Jon is there! beverly hilger
I am very sorry to learn of this. We were all truly gifted to know a man like Jon and be able to attempt to follow his bright shining example of courage and strength. My family's thoughts and prayers are with your family as always.
August, Tina, Augie & Roman.
Laura, Blake and Campbell,
I am so sorry to hear about Jon.I am sure the hurt is so deep that you can't think! I am here if you need anything! I remember when you told me Jon would get up early in the morning and go to mass. His faith was so strong. He is with Our Father in heaven. Jon is at Peace!
Praying for you and your family,
Kathy Linke
My thoughts and prayers are with your family, Laura. I can only hope that if I ever find myself in your shoes that I handle things the same way you have. You're incredible.
Julie (Heselton) Reed
Laura, Blake, and Campbell
Please let me know if you need meals, a zoo or playdate for Campbell, anything we can do to help and comfort your mending hearts.
He was truely inspirational
The Cordes family
katie.cordes.3gmail.com
I am terribly sad to hear that Jon has passed. I am sorry for your loss. Jon was a wonderful person.
Post a Comment