Monday, March 14, 2011

Typical Day @ The Holmes House

We are almost into a routine at home. Get up around 8am. I unhook Jon from his TPN, infuse his antibiotic, and get his 8am meds ready. Get Campbell going, fed and dressed. Clean some part of the house, run errands, eat lunch, play a bit, then Jon, Campbell and I take a 2hr nap. 4pm he gets another antibiotic dose and scheduled meds. Jon seems to have pain issues creep up around dinner time, so we stay close to home. He has his TPN hooked up at 8pm, and takes some more meds. I get Campbell down around 9pm. We set an alarm to wake us up @12midnight, and I infuse another antibiotic. All in all Jon is doing remarkably well. His pain is controlled for the most part, he is up and around feeling good in the am and early afternoon and starting to eat something here and there. His next doctor's appt is on Thursday with the pain team.

2 comments:

Sara Zweber said...

Hi Jon, Laura, Blake & Campbell!
Glad to hear things are Status Quo, and hope the pain stays at a minimum for Jon! Hoping to see you soon ~
With love, hugs & prayers,
Kenny, Sara, Luke, Libby, Matthew & Jake

Anonymous said...

Up those meds!! I've always lived by that motto also.

- Chad Palmsteen

God Bless