Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Evening

Jon got home around 1pm today. I hooked him up to his TPN, administered his antibiotic and he is resting comfortably in bed. I had a heart to heart with him today and asked if he really wanted to take the trip. He perked up and said, "Yes!!!! I am ready. I want to take my little girl to Disney World". So tomm we are going to hammer out details. Biggest hurdle is exactly how we are going to travel there and back. We have a lot of housing options, and park hopper passes are ready. I want to get it all done ASAP, while he is strong and rearing to go. He is starting to retain fluid in his calves and even thighs now. Whenever possible he has those legs up. I realize many of you may not have a USBank around. I will work on getting a link set up tomm, so it could be done on-line. You are always welcome to send any monetary donation to the house also. 15737 Duck Pond Way, Apple Valley MN 55124. Thanks again for all your love and support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! Jon's strength to want to go on this trip amazes me and I pray every day that not only will he get there but that he can truly enjoy each moment he is there with his family. I am wondering if you could give me a call. I have the CEO of corporate Disney wanting to do something for you guys, but I need to know some more information to help coordinate those details for you. 612-384-9499 Sara (HS fried of Jon's)

Anonymous said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! You are all such an inspiration! Here's to Disney!!!!!
Love, Sarah M (aka FRIA)

Anonymous said...

Laura, I left a message on your cell phone today with my telephone number. I checked with my nephew whether or not he would be able to fly you and family to Florida. He told me he would have been honored to do this for all of you; however the airplane would not work out because to accommodate all of you, there would not be room for any luggage, definitely would not be comfortable for Jon and depending upon everybody's weight, the fuel requirement most likely would require a stop between here and Fla.

I have friends who have a condo available: it is their time share and it is part of the Hilton chain. It is located just outside of Sea World (don't know if it is on the water). It has 2 bedrooms, washer/dryer and jacuzzi in unit. About a 10 minutes drive to Disney World Park. The Park has wheel chairs available. I would need to let them know dates because they need to contact Hilton properties for availability.

As always, my prayers are with all of you. Sima