Sunday, October 18, 2009
Saturday - Pain Control
Just left the hospital. Today Jon is transitioning off IV narcotics to a fentynl patch and pills as needed. It has been a tough day for him. Jon is so strong, even though he is in a tremendous amount of pain healing from this surgery. He counted 40+ staples in his incisions. He has an L shaped incision where he has been cut open before, and then a new incision on his left lower quadrant, where the hepatic pump is placed. The hardest part of this whole situation is that he can't hold Campbell. She sat on the bed with him for awhile and did her alphabet cards, which he just LOVES to do with her. I am amazed at how many people know her name. I walk the halls with her and everyone says, "There's Campbell...Hi Campbell...Is this the baby everyone is talking about?...She is the most beautiful baby." She continues to bring smiles to everyone she sees. We will see how Jon does tonight with the new pain regimen. I will make sure we have a handle on the pain before he is discharged. They will do a check of his pump and evaluate the pain tommorrow, and if all is OK he can go. We have flight back on wednesday morning. We are going to need some help with Campbell when we get back, since Jon will not be able to hold or lift her for 4-6 wks. She is crawling all over and would love to play if you have the time and energy to spare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jon and Laura,
We are praying that the pain can be managed and you guys can come home as planned. We thank Jesus for taking care of this cancer and putting Jon on a path to recovery. We can't wait to see Campbel in her Holloween costume and smiles on your faces. Kevin and Mary Jo
Lifting you all up in prayer! :)
Oops...Lisa Martin :)
Hope to see on your blog that you are leaving tomorrow :) I would LOVE to take Campbell and/or watch her at your house... I have Wed and the weekend off so PLEASE don't hesitate to call me. I mean it. Hope the nausea gets better for you Jon and I'm glad to hear that your pain is being well managed.
Love Jess Lennes.
We will watch Cambell anytime possible:) We send tons of hugs to all of you. We are praying!!
MJ & KJ
Merry Christmas Jon and Laura,
We are so pleased that your numbers are improving proving that the treatment is working. What a great Christmas gift. Kevin and Mary Jo
Post a Comment