Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday

So we had an appt with the pain MD on Thursday. I wasn't sure what the plan of action would be. Jon had been soooooo tired and resting a lot at home. We had been out a couple times and when he sat down he would gaze off and literally fall asleep. He said he felt like he was drunk in a sense. The continual rate of his morphine was increased Tuesday, and since then it seemed to help th pain issue, but he was out of it. We needed to find a balance between pain and alertness. It was decided at the appt to decrease the morphine just a bit. Friday he was more alert, and even suggested going to see a movie. We went to an afternoon movie and he stayed awake the entire time!! It was nice to get out and know he was comfortable. His blood work continues to improve, which is also good news. Next week we have an appt to discuss a possible nerve block, which would block some nerves around his abdominal area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jon and Laura,
I read your blog and can cry a river especially today!! Allen's birthday is today. This date has come and gone with tears of I should of, or I could of! Take each day as a blessing and tell each other I love you! I can't imagine the pain you are in Jon. I hope you continue to have pain free time with your wonderful family. Your strength is amazing, you are a lesson for us all!
Praying for you all!
KLinke