Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Visit with Dr. Flynn

Today Jon had his appointment with the Oncologist. He sees Dr. Tom Flynn at the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute. Dr. Flynn said he was ready to start chemotherapy with Jon next week. Jon will be on 3 different chemotherapy drugs (Eloxatin, Fluorouracil, & Avastin). He will have his chemotherapy every two weeks. We picked to go in on Wednesdays. When he leaves he will have one of the chemo meds infusing for 3 days, and then go back in to be disconnected on Friday. We are currently reading through all the information on the meds and their side effects. Tommorrow at 2pm we are going to an orientation class about what to be expected over the next 3 months with chemotherapy. After 3 months of chemptherapy we hope that Jon will then be ready to move forward with liver surgery. Thanks for all of your kind words and continual support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about both of you! Love the site!
Robin and Boyd

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Sending our love to all of you!
The Zweber Family

Anonymous said...

Your Mom told me about this site. Wow, this is nice -- new generation of keeping everyone up to date. I ordered you a book -- had it sent to your Mom's. Hope all goes well this week with Chemo. Jerry, Becky and I will continue to pray for you. Aunt Pat asks about you all the time and she and Uncle Ken are praying for you too. Let's have lunch one day when you are feeling up to it.
Love,
Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey there guys!

Zees and I are just checking in to see how you are doing. I love all your photos you have posted! -MC

Anonymous said...

This is a great site. Can you believe I even was able to get to it.

Words fail to express how proud of you I am.

With the church and God all is possible.

Laura is doing such a great job with you and your love has grown for each other.